Doesn’t it look like our guy Carlito is greeting this football like he might greet a girlfriend at the airport? “Come here and give Carlito a big fat hug, you gorgeous thing!” Never mind that he’ll be kicking her around again on Saturday afternoon. In this moment, it’s nothing but love.
Speaking of Saturday, we have a Rugby World Cup final, a full day of soccer, plenty of college football and probably a few CFL games, too. Football is all over the place, and so is this collection of links for your perusal:
- Soccer is getting bigger in Harlem. (This Is American Football)
- The MyFootballClub project is spawning copycats. (The Offside)
- The Buffalo Bills are talking about games in Toronto. Uh-oh. (Sports Illustrated)
- Why England wins Rugby World Cups more than FIFA World Cups. (Who Ate All the Pies)
- Minnesota? Pfah! The Melbourne Demons are recruiting in China. (Herald Sun)
- The New England Patriots now want to spy on ticket resellers. (Techdirt)
- Is a Super Bowl in London any weirder than an All-Ireland Final in New York City? (GAA, via David Deane)
- That AFL preseason match in Dubai? It’s a NAB Cup match. (World Footy News)
- Football going global has its disadvantages. (Pitch Invasion)
- Can you beat Gianluigi Buffon? (Puma Football)
- The best American soccer player? A goalkeeper. Typical. (That’s on Point)
- The NFL Draft will be shorter next year. Good. (NFL FanHouse)
- Sven Goran Eriksson shagged your secretary until she saw God. (The Sun)
- Want to see the Rugby World Cup Final live in America? It’ll cost ya. (Das FanHaus)
- David Carr has a new nickname. (Mister Mittens)
- The NFL doesn’t like your newfangled wireless technology… (Ars Technica)
- …but it takes a lot of tech to put that yellow line on the field. (We Are the Postmen)
- Handbags in the Prawn Sandwich Brigade. (Who Ate All the Pies)
- A brief history of the soccer ball. (Soccer Ball World)
- And here’s another lamb for Roger Goodell to slaughter. (All-American Football League)
On a completely unrelated note, don’t be a cheap bastard and get Radiohead’s new album off BitTorrent. Throw ‘em a couple of quid. Trust me, it’s worth at least that much.
And whatever football you choose, enjoy the games this weekend. See you at FanHouse.